This is also a traditional Origami and derived piece from the twin boat. No special technique is required. This sail boat is called “Damashi Bune” (trick boat) because you can play a trick with it. Let’s learn how to make it, now.
Origami trick boat instructions
1. Valley fold in half to make creases and fold back.
2. Valley fold along the dotted line.
3. Valley fold to have the top and bottom edges meet the center line.
4. Pull and open the center to meet the center line (♥). Fold along the valley & mountain fold lines.
5. Pull, open, and fold the other half repeating the step 4.
6. Fold backward along the mountain fold line.
7. Valley fold the left and right flaps upward.
8. Turn over; and valley fold the top left corner (♥) to meet the bottom right corner (♥).
Play a small trick and have fun.
1. Ask your friend to hold the sail and close his/her eyes.
2. Fold downward both the flips of the stern.
3. Ask your friend to open his/her eyes and say, “Hey, I asked to hold the sail not the bow….”