In Asia, lotus has long been a familiar flower. It has been a divine symbol representing pure mind, sacredness, fortune, rebirth, etc. by its botany which it grows in a muddy pond/lake while it rising upright above the surface of the muddy water and blooms without stain.
This Origami recreates such beautiful and elegant flower, which might requires some technique when have it bloom. Yet, when it completed, you will get a beautiful flower. So, let’s challenge!
Preparation for origami Lotus Flower
Lotus Flower: Pink 1
Leaves: Green 1
Origami lotus flower instructions
1. Valley fold in half twice to make creases and open.
2. Valley hold toward the center.
3. Valley hold toward the center once again.
4. Turn over and valley fold toward the center, again.
5. Valley fold the corners.
6. Turn over and flip and fold inside out holding the folded corners. This is the hardest part. Try to fold very gently.
7. Flip over once more.
8. Turn over and a lotus flower completed!