You need two origami papers for box and for top. It’s better to use a little smaller sheet than the top.
Origami Jewelry Box 1 Instructions
1. Turn over and valley fold to make creases and open.
2. Fold every corner to meet the center point.
3. To make creases, valley fold the edges to meet the center line and open.
4. Open, again.
5. Valley fold to meet the center line.
1) Fold both the corners to make creases and fold back;
2) Pull the edges up to open;
3) Pull the edges up and let the sides stand; and
4) Fold the corners in.
7. Repeat the above process on the other edge.
8. Finished! Make another one for the top.
This is a traditional handmade box. People used to use these boxes for a casual gift, candies, snacks, etc.
Or, you can make it even as a garbage box with old newspaper or flyer.